My Name is Freedom


I am not
Who you think I am
I am not
Who you say I am
I am not
What you perceive I am.

I am
Who I am.

I am one and many
Young and old
Ancient and modern
Near and far
Local and global
Perfect and profoundly flawed
A creature of limited means and abundant wealth
I am black and all shades of human complexion
I am here and everywhere
I am a labyrinth in a labyrinth.

I transcend
Celluloid archetypes
Invented histories
Imagined identities
Hegemonic narratives
Prescribed and programmed destinies.

My name is freedom
My home is dignity
My destination is eternity.

© 2018 Hassan Keynan
Nairobi, Kenya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT OROMIA OR ETHIOPIA OUT TO INVADE SOMALIA AND ANNEX SOMALI PORTS?

Niger River Warns ECOWAS Hawks

The First and Only President of Somalia